Saturday 12 June 2010

Tag 6 of the 10 TAG COUNTDOWN

Hello again ;o)
I had a lovely group of ladies at my workshop today though you'll have to wait for photo's as I took my camera & forgot to put a card in it (Duh !) ,, so Jamie has kindly taken some pics & will send them over to me soon & when they're here I will share them with you, I then went on a family shopping for food expedition with 3 children (not always advisable) came home & went to bed for 2 hours .. what a lovely sleep ! .. so all refreshed & ready to go again
I started off todays tag with a technique that TIM HOLTZ .. yes that Tim Holtz the one who can repair the worlds economy with a dab of glossy accents & some tissue ribbon :o) (that's just for Linda that description lol ) once asked me how I did it !!!
Well as I share this with all my lovely distress ink workshopee's I'll share it with you too today as today is NO .6 in the countdown charts.
I used Glossy card .. think the sort you use for your alcohol inks or encaustic art & your 1/2 way there ... then you need distress inks, I used Chipped Sapphire, Crushed Olive & Rusty Hinge, along with spiced marmalade re-inker and Broken China re-inker.
Apply to your craft sheet, spritz with water until it has beaded & then twist your tag on the top of it. Turn over & heat to dry, this is how you get the colours to run around the card & won't happen the same if you just let it dry naturally.
I added the No.6 sticker, the Ranger word and the U all from Tim's Salvage stickers, I then applied the sun rays Tim stamp from the Psychedelic grunge set with Plum Archival Ink (from RANGER of course)

Next I've got a grungeboard Star from swirls & elements set and covered it with Dabber in Pearl. This has allowed me to then use alcohol inks to colour it once dry. I used Clover, watermelon & stream to start off with then a second application with sunset orange and Caramel. I adhered this to the tag using Glossy Accents.


See Linda's Tag HERE

5 comments:

  1. Very lovely and a technique I have n't seen before ... Thanks for the wonderful description of Tim ... just for me too ... How coooool!
    SIX MORE SLEEPS ... oh yeah ... I definitely shouted :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!
    The tag even looked stunning when it was naked..before you added anything!
    Must try that technique..I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag.. love the technique with the glossy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo that looks fantastic!!!!
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Anneliese and fab technique, looks like semi-precious stones :-) I've joined in again and mine are here
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. They are much appreciated :o)

Crafty Blogs